Dealing with a sweaty summer? Tips to help reduce the heat!
- Stay hydrated: level up your water intake. Sweating can cause dehydration thus it is important to maintain your water content and electrolyte levels. Quench your thirst with plain water, fresh fruit juices or even lemonade can be one of the best sources to keep yourself hydrated.
- Coconut water: one of the best drinks to consume during summer is tender coconut water. Coconut water naturally has cooling properties that can help fight you against this year’s scorching summer. It can hydrate your body and thus balances the temperature-generating electrolytes naturally.
- Food with high water content: fruits and vegetables have their season for a reason. Summers call for watermelons and cucumbers. Include such food which has high water content as it will cool down your body and provide you with several minerals and vitamins as well.
- Buttermilk: curd, best known for its probiotic properties is one of the best sources to beat the summer heat. Drinking buttermilk once or twice a day can lower your body temperature giving you many nutrients also.
- Aloe vera: summer and rashes go hand in hand. Aloe vera has a soothing property that reduces inflammation on the body and also soothes the skin. It has a commendable effect when it comes to reducing body heat internally and externally. Mix it with fresh juices such as cucumber and mint and feel the coolness going down your throat.
- Choose your clothes wisely: bring out all your cotton clothes and pastel shades and prints. Light colours do not absorb much heat thus helping you stay a bit cool when you step out in the sun.
Apart from these, protect your skin from harmful UV rays by applying sunscreens.